Re: Looking for null byte (0x0) characters in triggers

From: Yong Huang <"Yong>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 15:23:59 +0000 (UTC)

> One thing I've done copy dba_triggers to a temp table, converting the
> trigger_body to a lob and then using dbms_lob.instr(trigger_body,chr(0))
> to try to find them.

Hi Don,

Why not get the code from dba_source, where the text column is varchar2 instead of long?

In case you must use LONG (not in this case unless you can't use dba_source), you can also consider the undocumented dbms_metadata_util package, which has the long2clob function. It's convenient, but of course it's undocumented.

Yong Huang