Re: MGMT_DB_FEATUREUSAGE is empty

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 14:35:09 -0500

On 2016/05/26 13:18, Rich J wrote:

> As you've probably guessed, the underlying MGMT_DB_FEATUREUSAGE table to the MGMT$DB_FEATUREUSAGE view is populated. It's not an EM metric, so I'm not sure why this would not be populated (i.e. it's not a matter of a metric being disabled).

Closer inspection of the data in that table shows it hasn't been updated since I upgraded the DB Agent plugin to 12.1.0.8. However, this does show the most recently collected feature usage for me:

SELECT
 *
FROM
(
 SELECT
 mfue.*,
 DENSE_RANK() OVER (ORDER BY megs.last_upload_timestamp DESC) my_rank  FROM sysman.mgmt_feature_usage_ecm mfue  JOIN sysman.mgmt_ecm_gen_snapshot megs ON mfue.ecm_snapshot_id = megs.snapshot_guid
 WHERE megs.target_name = :my_ora_dba_name  AND megs.target_type = 'oracle_database'  AND megs.snapshot_type = 'oracle_dbconfig' )
WHERE my_rank = 1;

The output exactly matches what I get from EM12c in "Administration->Database Feature Usage" from the target's home page. That being said, the above SQL is something I just figured out on my own, so standard legal mumbo jumbo disclaimer applies.

HTH! Rich