Re: Moveing to Linux for Windows - Choose Oracle Linux?

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 08:55:28 -0800

Thank you all for your input. Now what is your opinion on Linux Basic support or the Premier support? They only difference I can tell is that the Premier gets us zero downtime patches. We are not a 24/7 shop so not sure if that is necessary. If you think it highly recommended still do you recommend it for Test/Dev and Production so they are the same. Or are the patches 100% the same just one doesn't require a reboot?

Side note. For a couple boxes we have to install Oracle VM, not on production though. One because we need to partition it to a single CPU license for our standby site. And another because we are going to eventually get RAC for production and dev. So to avoid costs for Dev we are going to vm that into two servers.

Thanks again.
Jeff