Re: limiting access

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 07:51:42 -0700

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca> wrote:

> What would you recommend as an overall method of granting the least
> possible privileges on the linux side? For instance, to restart dbconsole
> will require login as oracle, which I'd rather avoid giving away, but not
> sure that's possible.

If the number of commands they need to run as oracle is limited, don't give them the oracle login, setup sudo instead.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com