Re: listener

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 15:23:58 -0600

On 13/05/2015 1:18 PM, Mladen Gogala (Redacted sender mgogala_at_yahoo.com for DMARC) wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 02:04 PM, Hans Forbrich wrote:
>> [oracle_at_gandalf ~]$ *cat $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora*
>
> What happens if you are using grid control? I would replace
> $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin by $TNS_ADMIN. I always define TNS_ADMIN in
> the .bashrc.

And I set the ORACLE_HOME using oraenv - which includes the OH for ASM.

   And, for me, always has a manual entry pointing to the listener. You do have a valid point - for people who use TNS_ADMIN.

We could go on for days about the proper way to determine which OH is used for the listener, or indeed which listener is/should be used. That, however, is a kitten of a different colour.

/Hans