Re: Use the existing RAC. . . or build another one?

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 06:56:10 -0600

On 18/04/2015 4:22 AM, Austin Hackett wrote:
> per Oracle Support Doc ID 1905806.1 12c Patchset 1 (12.1.0.2) hasn't been released for SE and a public schedule isn't announced yet.
>
> I'm curious to know if anyone has some insights into why the patch is delayed and whether such delays are historically a common occurrence for SE?
Likely because Oracle has subtly changed the definition of Patch Sets to be a delivery mechanism for new features, and all the features in 12.1.0.2 are EE features.

The 'new' consolidated patch delivery is the quarterly PSU (or CPU).

This shift in attitude helps explain why they are serious about the campaign to 'upgrade now - don't wait for R2'.

/Hans