Use the existing RAC. . . or build another one?

From: Hubler, Daniel <daniel.hubler_at_aurora.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:26:57 +0000

We have to decide if we are going to put a new database instance in our existing 2-node RAC, or build a second cluster for the new database.

We are talking 2 separate off-the-shelf products from a single vendor; the vendor will not support putting the 2 schemas into a single database.

The 2 products are tied very closely together; but do operate independently when/if necessary.

We are debating amongst ourselves the pros/cons of each strategy.

Any comments/suggestions/war-stories would be appreciated.

Thanks.