RE: EM 12cR4 Metric Collection - Excluding tablespaces from %used metric

From: Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 08:15:57 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, there’s a couple things you can do.

In the % Used metric, I would suggest adding the TBS1, TBS2 rows, and clearing the thresholds, or maybe setting them at 98/99 % So that you have a 2nd tier warning?  The All Others line would be your 80/90.

Also take a look at the Template Override checkbox, which will prevent this metric from getting changed by templates applied.

Then on the Free Space, you’ve got that set already.

From: Sheehan, Jeremy [mailto:JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com] Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:45 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: EM 12cR4 Metric Collection - Excluding tablespaces from %used metric

Hello,

I’m working on an issue where 2 tablespaces have grown to approximately 1TB in size.  The growth is predictable and we’re finding that the %used metric is getting confusing.  We will receive alerts that a tablespace is 90% full, but still have over 100GB free in the tablespace.  I want to start getting alerts for these tablespaces using the MB free metric.  This isn’t the problem, though.  The problem I am seeing is if it is possible to EXCLUDE these tablespaces from the %used metric now.  I’ve done some searching and so far have yet to find a solution for this.  The only other thing that I can think of is to add another metric in the %used to 100% for both of the tablespaces in question.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?  If so, how did you resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy