EM 12cR4 Metric Collection - Excluding tablespaces from %used metric

From: Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:44:56 +0000

Hello,

I’m working on an issue where 2 tablespaces have grown to approximately 1TB in size. The growth is predictable and we’re finding that the %used metric is getting confusing. We will receive alerts that a tablespace is 90% full, but still have over 100GB free in the tablespace. I want to start getting alerts for these tablespaces using the MB free metric. This isn’t the problem, though. The problem I am seeing is if it is possible to EXCLUDE these tablespaces from the %used metric now. I’ve done some searching and so far have yet to find a solution for this. The only other thing that I can think of is to add another metric in the %used to 100% for both of the tablespaces in question.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? If so, how did you resolve this?

[cid:image001.png_at_01D05CB0.0A0873F0]

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

image001.png