RE: EM11g and repository size

From: Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 11:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

How big is the repository, and is it all in the sysman schema?   Or is there something else?

Please download/install repvfy kit and send me a repvfy dump repository report…

EMDIAG REPVFY Kit for Grid Control 10g and 11g and DB Control 10g and 11g - Download, Install/De-Install and Upgrade (Doc ID 421499.1)

From: Patrice sur GMail [mailto:patrice.boivin_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:34 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: EM11g and repository size

We're having fun here trying to force the EM11g repository to shrink.

Changing all the retention periods to 7 days doesn't appear to do anything.  Perhaps there is a purging job which never runs?

Has anyone managed to force the EM to drop all job logs it stores as LOBs in the repository which are (say) >7 days old?

The EM repository management page in EM is useless for managing the size of the repository of course.

(sorry, I'm a bit annoyed at the silliness of it all)

I wonder what cell phone companies do, if they don't shrink their EM repositories they must be terabytes in size.

  • Patrice

My profiles: HYPERLINK "http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000206805521" \nFacebookHYPERLINK "http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/patrice-boivin/a/933/5a9" \nLinkedInHYPERLINK "http://www.twitter.com/PatriceBoivin" \nTwitter

Signature powered by HYPERLINK "http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install" \nWiseStamp