Re: block chg tracking

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 17:50:09 -0500

On 02/02/2015 03:11 PM, Cee Pee wrote:
> List,
>
> I am considering turning on bct for one of our prod databases. Per
> manual there will be an increase in the resource usage during regular
> operations if bct is turned on. is there a way to quantify the
> increase. 10g/11g EE on AIX; not too many simultaneous users. Can
> 'block changes' and/or 'redo size' in awr over the standard period of
> operation help.
>
> CP.

The answer is that the increase is not noticeable, but there are bugs with respect to "duplicate database" which can prevent you from successfully duplicating the database for development. I find backup with de-duplication technology, like Commvault Simpana, far preferable to incremental backups.
And yes, I do work for Commvault Systems.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA