Re: Amazon As DR Site?

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 23:27:36 -0800

Hi,

I know at least couple of companies using AWS EC2 instances as location for standby databases or replicating backups into AWS and spinning EC2 instances on demand.

There are two potential issues:
- initial build - depend on size of DB it can take a while but you can ship data to AWS on portable device(s)
- bandwidth / latency between onsite data centre and AWS - asynch option for standby is recommended and incremental backup if AWS is a backup destination. There is a OBT library for AWS S3 but it require Oracle Secure Backup license.

regards,
Marcin

--
Marcin Przepiorowski