Re: sql slow after db upgrade

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:47:06 -0700

Thank you Carlos. I am doing that actually. I was actually going to add that infact setting _unnest_subquery was not recommeneded in the ebiz init.ora recomendation list. They suggest to remove this parameter if set.
I pointed it out because that is helping and the way I thought it might help is that the good plan was not merging the Corelated subqueries and the bad was doing that. I have an SR with Oracle with sqlxplain option (on the bad database) and sqltxtrxec option (on the good one). I will run with the SQLT XPLORE option as well now. Hi Niall:
I wanted to use option 2 but the problem with our developers is that once I tell them, they would put that and promise to look at this but never look at it. So I was trying to understand myself what is causing it and I could not find any bugs related to this as well (like John pointed).
  • Kumar