Re: sql slow after db upgrade

From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 09:13:33 -0700

Sounds like you has an easily reproduced test case for an Oracle SR. It's not unusual for there to be performance issues with individual queries in EBS after an upgrade, and it can be hard to find results by searching for known bugs yourself.

Your best bet in this case is to open an SR with the appropriate product team for the concurrent request, show then the difference in execution plans between 11.2.0.2 and 11.2.0.4, and ask (politely of course), "Hey guys, WTF?" ;-)

I 100% do NOT recommend setting a hidden parameter in your EBS database without explicit approval from Support. Disabling a feature system-wide to fix a problem with a single query could cause undesirable results elsewhere, and then you'd just have a different set of users yelling at you.

--
Sent from a mobile device, because leaving the couch to find a real
keyboard would unnecessarily delay this vital communication. So would