RE: tablespace recovery

From: <rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:03:42 -0400

I don't believe there is any way to do that.

The best I believe you can do and I have not tested this - is to take incremental backups and recover the TS using these. But doing a full PITR to a specific point in time, without archive logs, I believe is out of question

I am sure others will weigh in

Regards

From: Zelli, Brian [mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org] Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:49 AM To: Pande, Rajendra; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: tablespace recovery

yes

Brian

From: rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com [mailto:rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:46 AM To: Zelli, Brian; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: tablespace recovery

Are you are talking about a PITR? Without archive log for a R/W tablespace?

Regards

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zelli, Brian Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:37 AM To: oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org) Subject: tablespace recovery

Hi all,

   I am testing out different recovery scenarios with rman. I now want to test a tablespace recovery. The easiest seems to be if you use flashback, which I don't because I am not in archivelog mode. All the samples I have seen, they look at the SCN just before they recover. So say you lost it the night before and weren't aware of the loss yet? I can't seem to find any material based on recovering the above situation in which I have no rman catalog, not in archivelog mode and no flashrecovery and no immediate knowledge of the failure. Pointers?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

Please visit our website at
http://financialservicesinc.ubs.com/wealth/E-maildisclaimer.html for important disclosures and information about our e-mail policies. For your protection, please do not transmit orders or instructions by e-mail or include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information.