Re: New database servers...one listener or one for each database.

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 06:37:08 -0500

No issues with one listener and multiple databases here. Sometimes customers have a very high connection rate; rather than try to configure multiple listeners in such a situation I would try to identify why the connection rate is so high, ie. looking at the middle tier as Hans mentioned. Remember that if the listener goes down, only new incoming connections will be affected.

Usually when I see customers with multiple listeners, they've configured them because they don't really understand how the listener or database services work.