Re: DB12c in Production?

From: John McHugh <john.mchugh_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:14:42 -0700

12c: USE_SID_AS_SERVICE_listener_name
<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/network.121/e17611/listener.htm#NETRF2090>

Purpose

To enable the system identifier (SID) in the connect descriptor to be interpreted as a service name when a user attempts a database connection. Database clients with earlier releases of Oracle Database that have hard-coded connect descriptors can use this parameter to connect to a container or pluggable database.

When the database is an Oracle Database 12c container database, the client must specify a service name in order to connect to it. Setting this parameter to on instructs the listener to use the SID in the connect descriptor as a service name and connect the client to the specified database.

off

Example

USE_SID_AS_SERVICE_listener=on

addresses the SID/SERVICE connect descriptor for Multitenant.

thanks,
jpm