Re: Character Sets in 11g

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:00:25 -0400

I don't understand what are latin characters, but if latin characters are spanish accented characters, ñ, portugues, etc.

This configuration supports that
CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1
NATIONAL CHARACTER SET AL16UTF16 CREATE DATABASE xxx
CONTROLFILE REUSE
LOGFILE

GROUP 1 ('D:\oraxxx\logfiles\log_1xxx.ora',
'E:\oraxxx\logfiles\log_1xxx.ora') SIZE 200M,
GROUP 2 ('D:\oraxxx\logfiles\log_2xxx.ora',
'E:\oraxxx\logfiles\log_2xxx.ora') SIZE 200M
MAXLOGFILES 32
DATAFILE 'E:\oraxxx\datafiles\dfl_sys_xxx'

   size 200M
   REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 640K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED    EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL
DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TBL_TEMP TEMPFILE 'D:\oraxxx\datafiles\DFL_TEMP_xxx'

   SIZE 50M
   REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 640K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED    EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 640K UNDO TABLESPACE TBL_UNDO DATAFILE 'E:\oraxxx\datafiles\dfl_undo_xxx'

   SIZE 100M
   REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 640K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED MAXLOGHISTORY 1
MAXLOGFILES 3
MAXLOGMEMBERS 3
MAXDATAFILES 15
MAXINSTANCES 1