Re: Why I don't like RMAN repositories

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:26:15 -0800

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au> wrote:

> We use Netbackup and it is a piece of cake to get any tape we want from
> off-site storage.
> I certainly would not rely on RMAN catalog to keep Netbackup tape id and
> locations!

It's been 3 years since working with NB, so perhaps they have fixed some things in the MML.
Keeping the RMAN catalog was not to get the tape id and locations, but for re-cataloging the backups,
as the tape IDs have changed (see Freek's post).

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com