Re: Why I don't like RMAN repositories

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:28:04 -0800

Yep,that was the same issue I was dealing with.

The RMAN API has provisions for NB to update the RMAN metadata when the tapes are vaulted,
but I don't think NB ever implemented it.

And as NB has been owned by Symantec, the Oracle bits have not been improved.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com