RE: New EM12c timeout message in DB Perf pages

From: Peter Sharman <>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:25:09 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <39d8cb37-706b-4dd7-906e-28b6e3b53ad2_at_default>


AFAIK the default timeout for the OMS should be 45 minutes, as documented here:

Is there a chance someone has already modified that? The emctl command to use to set the timeout to another value is documented there as well, so it might be worth trying to set it back to 45 minutes and see if that changes things. It would be very surprising to find the DB plugin had changed that, but stranger things have happened before I guess! :)

On the Adobe issue, there is a bug (17210673 - not sure if that's an internal only one or not, but at least you can refer to it if you contact Support) which is exactly this issue. The problem is we've never been able to provide a reproducible environment to our developers, so that makes it very difficult to diagnose. However, it appears that this is generally caused by a mismatch between the browser version and the Adobe Flex version used in our code. Have you tried the same with another browser, or (much as I hate to say it) a more recent FF version?


Pete Sharman
Principal Product Manager
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449 

"Controlling developers is like herding cats."
Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Jesse [] Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:36 AM To:
Subject: New EM12c timeout message in DB Perf pages

Hey all,

Recently in our EM12c (, I started getting "The page has been idle for a while. Click OK to reload page." timeouts every 15-20 minutes on a Performance Home page of an Oracle DB.

I did upgrade the DB Plugin last week, but can't deploy it to the Agent for this DB due to OS issues on the DB's server. I applied patch 17270560 to the OMS today for Harvester issues, but this timeout was happening before then. Of course, I'm not sure if this happened before the plugin upgrade or not... :|

And I'm not sure if this is related, but I also started seeing Flash crashing consistently on the first load of any performance page. I'm running 11.9.900.152 on Firefox 22.0 (*hate* the newer versions of FF!), if that matters.

There are several search hits for similar messages, but not this exact one.




Received on Tue Dec 17 2013 - 05:25:09 CET

Original text of this message