Re: Install admin scripts on OS X

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 07:22:23 +0000

you mean the sql scripts from that directory? These can just be copied to any location you want, but you will need an oracle client if you want to run them from your host. I don't know if you can install the normal (linux) client on OS X, but there is an instant client for OS X that you can use: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/intel-macsoft-096467.html

Best is to also set the SQLPATH variable in you environment, pointing to the directory where you keep the scripts. That way you don't need to provide the entire path, but only the script name itself. Multiple locations in SQLPATH can be given by separating them with a colon ":".

regards,

--

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime

On ma, 2013-12-16 at 16:58 -0800, Jeremiah Peschka wrote: Hello list,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I've got Oracle up and running in an OEL VM. I'd like to get the admin scripts in my local $ORACLE_HOME so I don't have to ssh into the VM every time I want to run statspack scripts or the like.

There's not a universal installer that works for OS X, but I'm wondering if there's a way to install the scripts in rdbms/admin on an OS X machine.

Thanks in advance,
---

Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar Unlimited MCITP: SQL Server 2008, MVP

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Dec 17 2013 - 08:22:23 CET

Original text of this message