Re: Options for poorly performing SQL

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:10:05 -0600

Oh, I agree completely with your evaluation. Unfortunately, in this day and age too often the coding team is contracted for outside the company, and you as a dba dont have any real control over them. I wouldnt call it a disdain for the underlying database, I would call it ignorance of the underlying database. Typically these are java programmers that are taught that any slowness is a database problem, and that the underlying code is irrelevant.
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Michael Fontana <michael.fontana_at_enkitec.com
> wrote:

Andrew W. Kerber