Re: Code Review Process

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:01:12 -0600

When I had a dba position in which I could influence this, I was able to institute a policy requiring that all sql statements get an explain prior before going into production, and the plan had to be reviewed. In addition, any schema changes required were reviewed to make sure they complied with the company standards. I did not feel it was the DBA's job to do a full code review, that fell under the purview of the development group itself.

Andrew W. Kerber