Re: Oracle Exadata for DB consolidation

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:31:49 +0100

Hi Qaiser,
Many thanks for the answer ... if I understand you correctly you apply storage patches 2x per year, right?

80 consolidated databases on a half rack ... impressive.

In context of this, what is average CPU and peak CPU utilization on each database node?

I assume you apply i.e. test storage patches on test system before going productive ... did you encountered a case where patch apply failed? If yes, what was a reason?
What is your fallback (rollback) scenario in case of patch failure on production system?
How accurate do you find instructions & docs on Metalink describing storage patch apply procedure?

Many thanks,
goran