AWR logical reads question

From: Keith Moore <kmoore_at_zephyrus.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:24:09 -0500

I'm writing some queries to mine AWR data over time. There is one thing I am having trouble reverse engineering and would appreciate some help.

The "Segments by Logical Reads" section show the top segments and I can query DBA_HIST_SEG_STAT to get additional segments.

At the top of this section it says:
Total Logical Reads: 99999999
Captured segments account for xx% of Total.

The part I can't figure out is where the total logical reads comes from. I can query the CONSISTENT_GETS column of DBA_HIST_BUFFER_POOL_STAT and get reasonable close and get within about 1.5% if I also add in DB_BLOCK_GETS but can't get to the exact total.

FYI, I do realize I need to subtract the previous snapshot values.

Thanks for any help.

Keith