Re: Number with a length of -1?

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 13:09:20 -0400

We use proC. we are in DB version 10.2.0.5. I do not have date stamps on the tables that have the issue, but by joining, to other tables, it looks like at least 1 record was created in the last 6-12 months. When I run dump(col,1016), I get

Typ=2 Len=3: c0,0,0

note that my rawtohex value is C0000, so it appears related. Anyone know waht c0,0,0 means? Or where I can look it up. I am guessing Ill find its an invalid encoding.

I take it this means garbage data. Is there any easier way to look for bad data without running a dump on all fields in the database? We are not using RMAN. We do straight EMC SAN level BCV backups. I don't think the RMAN utility would help. I don't think this is block corruption since I can actually query the data.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com