RE: Number with a length of -1?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 15:24:23 -0500 (CDT)

Jeffrey Beckstrom writes:

> I vaguely recall that a very long time ago there was an issue where some
> PRO*x programs could insert bad data into the database without being caught.
> That's all I recall about it at the moment.

The only one of those I know of -- nay, lived through -- was that a numeric zero could be inserted into a date datatype column, which caused all sorts of fun.

Even though it was introduced in v6 or v7, I've never seen documentation that the bug has been closed, supposedly due to its widespread (ab)use. I've experienced the bug in v9 and possibly v10.

Rich