Re: Oracle Security Alert for CVE-2012-1675 - 10g extended support

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 21:01:35 +0100

Good evening,

just wondering - is there a reason for those on the list to turn off dynamic registration of listeners in single instance? What I can see go wrong is that a DBA works on a ticket, creates a database and promptly forgets to edit the sid_list_listenerName () ... and then is surprised that no one can connect.

I was thinking of using the IPC method which to me looks a lot simpler to implement. Applying patches is always tricky since no one wants to take the outage.

Martin
--

http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com
--