RE: Oracle Security Alert for CVE-2012-1675 - 10g extended support

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 19:47:02 +0000

Just to confirm in case anyone was wondering - I implemented the DYNAMIC_REGISTRATION_<listener> parameter on my 10.2.0.4 databases and it appears to work as expected with no problems so far.

Just a heads up that your databases will continue to attempt dynamic registration every minute or so causing the following error in the listener.log file every time. It's probably not much of a concern for most, but just beware that the file will grow a little faster than normal, especially if you have a lot of databases using the same listener.

        03-MAY-2012 16:42:45 * service_register_NSGR * 1194
        TNS-01194: The listener command did not arrive in a secure transport

I think you might be able to modify your local_listener parameter in each database to avoid this, but I haven't tested that.