RE: OT - Blog entry on hugepages

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:41:37 -0400

Andrew,
Nice summary of settings required to configure hugepages.

The only thing I would add is, if you've got databases with sizable SGAs, say, larger than 8GB or 16GB, and you're not using hugepages, you're doing it wrong.

I think there's a general perception that hugepages aren't that important. If you have a huge SGA, they're critical, and the bigger the SGA, the more important it is to configure hugepages.

-Mark