Re: OT - Blog entry on hugepages

From: Mihajlo Tekic <mihajlo.tekic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:54:35 -0500

Great article Andrew.
Regarding the blog that you mentioned that says AMM is compatible with HugePages , could you provide a URL? As far as I know, and from what is officially published (Metalink, docs) AMM and HugePages are simply incompatible.

NOTE:749851.1<https://supporthtml.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?idt9851.1>- HugePages and Oracle Database 11g Automatic Memory Management (AMM) on Linux

OracleŽ Database Administrator's Reference - G.2.3 Restrictions for HugePages Configurations
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b32009/appi_vlm.htm#CACDBJGC

Other useful Metalink Notes covering HugePages topic:

NOTE:361468.1<https://supporthtml.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id61468.1>- HugePages on Oracle Linux 64-bit
NOTE:361323.1<https://supporthtml.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id61323.1>- HugePages on Linux: What It Is... and What It Is Not...

~Mihajlo