Re: An unusual case of recovery asking for an archived log from long time a go.

From: Paresh Yadav <yparesh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:22:47 -0500

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't got any such error in the backup log. Only (unrelated) error I ever got was when I took the first backup on Feb 9, due to small setting for MAXSETSIZE which I fixed and took subsequent successful backups (.... datafile or datafile copy larger than MAXSETSIZE: file# 2 /u01/oradata/AIS/undotbs01.dbf...).

I am also using the controlfile and not rman catalog.

Even though I am not seeing exactly same symptoms as your case, your suggestion sounds promising so I will try it and report back.

Thanks,
Paresh

--
Thanks