RE: ora 12154

From: Chitale, Hemant Krishnarao <Hemant.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 09:38:39 +0800

Here's how you can use a password with the "_at_" character :

SQL> create user TEST_AT identified by TEST__at__P; create user TEST_AT identified by TEST__at__P

                                        *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character

SQL>
SQL> !oerr ora 911
00911, 00000, "invalid character"

// *Cause: identifiers may not start with any ASCII character other than
//         letters and numbers.  $#_ are also allowed after the first
//         character.  Identifiers enclosed by doublequotes may contain
//         any character other than a doublequote.  Alternative quotes
//         (q'#...#') cannot use spaces, tabs, or carriage returns as
//         delimiters.  For all other contexts, consult the SQL Language
//         Reference Manual.
// *Action:

SQL> create user TEST_AT identified by "TEST__at__P";

User created.

SQL>
SQL> grant create session to TEST_AT;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect TEST_AT/"TEST__at__P";
Connected.
SQL>
SQL> connect TEST_AT/"TEST__at__P"@MYNDB ERROR:
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE. SQL> And from a desktop Client connecting with the connection string "_at_MYNDB" :

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Fri Nov 4 09:36:06 2011

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

Enter user-name: TEST_AT/"TEST__at__P"@MYNDB

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

SQL>
Hemant K Chitale