RMAN duplicate using OLD restored backup on same server help?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:10:08 -0500
- I have an old backup I saved of a test database - TEST3 using an RMAN catalog.
- The backup information in the CATALOG has now been removed since the backup has been deleted from the primary backup location as part of subsequent backups.
- I have the original BACKUP SET from the backup I need to restore including the CONTROLFILE.
- I need to restore this BACKUP SET and backup CONTROLFILE to a *DIFFERENT* database (TEST2) on the *SAME* server
Here's what I have tried:
- Restore BACKUP SET files to original backup location including the backup controlfile
- Modify INIT.ORA file for TEST2 database for DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT
- CONNECT to RMAN CATALOG, TARGET and AUXILIARY databases
- I did a CATALOG backup piece for each piece
- Here's the output from LIST BACKUP http://pastebin.com/0rshnCeT
- Here's the duplicate RMAN script using SET UNTIL SCN http://pastebin.com/mTVttnxT
- I receive the following errors: http://pastebin.com/CZDYqjV2
What am I missing? I know it's something obvious.
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.Received on Thu Oct 20 2011 - 10:10:08 CDT