Re: Shareplex

From: Kurt Van Meerbeeck <kurtvm_at_telenet.be>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 08:34:49 +0200 (CEST)

Now it's getting interesting ;-)

So what would be a fair price for such a product ? There are only a handful of competitors I know of :

- Quest Shareplex
- Oracle Golden Gate
- IBM CDC ( http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/infosphere/change-data-capture/ )
- Tungsten replicator ( http://www.continuent.com/solutions/tungsten-replicator ) - i believe their oracle logminer is not opensource

Anyone using these products and know about their license price ?

cheers,

  • Originele e-mail ----- Van: "kyle Hailey" <kylelf_at_gmail.com> Aan: "mcdonald connor" <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com> Cc: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Verzonden: Dinsdag 2 augustus 2011 06:49:55 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlijn / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Wenen Onderwerp: Re: Shareplex

Shareplex is cheeper than Goldengate?!

Everyone in this thread has been saying how expensive Shareplex is.

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Connor McDonald < mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com > wrote:

Why would someone choose Shareplex over Goldengate?

$20K per cpu might be a reason :-)

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:58 AM, kyle Hailey < kylelf_at_gmail.com > wrote:

Goldengate vs Shareplex
Why would someone choose Shareplex over Goldengate?

just curious, not really in the market.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Vishal Gupta < vishal_at_vishalgupta.com > wrote:

I have used Shareplex in past back in 9i and 10g days when Oracle AQ could scale up to replicate 10-15million transaction/day and still keep data latency low. Shareplex was great for Oracle to Oracle replication. I dont know about the price though.

If you are looking for something cross RDBMS, then you could also go for GoldenGate.

On 27 Jul 2011, at 17:07, Amaral, Rui wrote:

> We had it at my previous employer a few years ago as well. It worked but expensive and a bit of a memory hog in our environment.

Connor McDonald
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com
web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"