Re: Semi-OT: Job Descriptions

From: David Roberts <big.dave.roberts_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 19:38:33 +0100

When I went through TUPE (It's a UK interpretation of a European process intended to maintain employee rights during takeovers and/or the transfer of contacts between employers.) I was simply asked what my job title was and it stuck.

The most junior member of the team told the new employers that he had been the team leader.

Fortunately that little ruse didn't succeed.

Always be prepared for greater and greater levels of institutional incompetence in the workplace!