RE: Gotcha's on upgrade from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 on Sun Sparc 64

From: CRISLER, JON A (ATTCORP) <"CRISLER,>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:19:53 +0000

Depending on your network infrastructure / switches / OS config, you might need the multicast patch- 9974223. We put it on as standard procedure now. I have also found that the multicast pearl script is not a reliable test, sometimes showing a pass when it really fails.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 3:45 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Gotcha's on upgrade from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 on Sun Sparc 64

Has anyone done an upgrade from 11.2.0.1 Grid Infrastructure to 11.2.0.2 on Sun-Sparc 64, 2 node RAC?

If so, what issues did you run into? I found out about the change from IPMP to HAIP just by doing an 11.2.0.2 original install, but I will need to do an upgrade shortly, and I would like to know what problems people ran into. I also plan to move the OCR and Voting Disk from RAW to ASM in this process, any insights on that would be appreciated also. No I did not do an 11.2.0.1 install on RAW, that was my predecessor, I just have to fix it.

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Apr 18 2011 - 15:19:53 CDT

Original text of this message