RE: Gotcha's on upgrade from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 on Sun Sparc 64

From: Jorgensen, Finn <Finn.Jorgensen_at_constellation.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:47:35 -0400

This is not really upgrade specific but I ran into a couple of bugs in 11.2.0.2 on Solaris that I needed patches developed for. They are :

10428450 WRONG RESULTS WITH PARALLEL HINT ADDED -- FEWER ROWS RETURNED 10193846 RMAN DUPLICATE FAILS WITH ORA-19755 WHEN BCT FILE OF PRIMARY IS NOT ACCESSIBLE (this bug prevented db duplicates when source was in archivelog mode and using BCT file)

Thanks,
Finn

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 3:45 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Gotcha's on upgrade from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 on Sun Sparc 64

Has anyone done an upgrade from 11.2.0.1 Grid Infrastructure to 11.2.0.2 on Sun-Sparc 64, 2 node RAC?

If so, what issues did you run into? I found out about the change from IPMP to HAIP just by doing an 11.2.0.2 original install, but I will need to do an upgrade shortly, and I would like to know what problems people ran into. I also plan to move the OCR and Voting Disk from RAW to ASM in this process, any insights on that would be appreciated also. No I did not do an 11.2.0.1 install on RAW, that was my predecessor, I just have to fix it.

--
Andrew W. Kerber

>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2