RE: ASM and EMC PowerPath

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:20:58 +0100

Hi Dimitre,

As you're live with production such a change shouldn't be made without proper testing-is your UAT environment a suitable candidate for this? You might create situation where not only the new disks aren't visible, but worse: the old ones won't be either creating the "perfect outage". I usually do such changes in DR first, or alternatively ensure that DR can be activated and stakeholders are aware of the risk. You'd then hope that you followed change management correctly and kept production and DR in sync .... But that keeps the job interesting!

Also, out of curiosity, what's the output of v$asm_disk.library - does it show system or asmlib?

Best regards,

Martin

Martin Bach
Martin Bach Consulting Ltd