Re: ASM and EMC PowerPath

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:42:35 +0200

Hi Martin,
thanks again for the valuable suggestions!

No, there's neither UAT nor DR environment for this database ...

Assuming no changes to the oracleasm configuration, could the following operations still break/have an impact on the live database?

  1. Add new disks to the servers.
  2. Create disks using the oracleasm createdisk command (using the first path found, in this case one of the two physical paths).
  3. Create new diskgroup using the new disks.

I don't know if running scandisks, in order to make the newly created disks visible to the other nodes,
could have a negative impact on the rest of the system.

I'm only looking for information and suggestions, I realize these operations could be destructive and most probably we will call Oracle for this.

The library shows as:

ASM Library - Generic Linux, version 2.0.4 (KABI_V2)

Best regards
Dimitre