RE: Rman Question

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:15:10 -0400

Pete,

        It's the latter. Run Rman remotely? That sounds weird.

        As for the other suggestions:

        For some reason our Unix admins have disabled/not loaded the screen utility.

        Yes I'd use a shell script that I can throw into the background except that I've got people waiting & I really don't have time to write the script in the first place.

        Lastly the keep alive ping idea was suggested by our Network folks, but the unsympathic VPN folks already thought of that and disabled the ping as "data". Therefore Putty and Ultraedit's keep alive don't work.

        Course they don't kill off idle UDP sessions for some silly reason. Namely they don't want their e-mail connections broken. OH BOTHER!! Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA