Re: flash it back then roll it forward(pitr)

From: jason arneil <>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 16:02:43 +0000

Hello Patrick,

Been testing flashback a bit recently so when I saw your email thought I would test. Tested this with on linux, and yep you definitely can flashback and then roll forward, I did a recover database until change to roll forwards again.

As Freek pointed to open read-write a flashed back database you need a resetlogs, but of course you can open read-only without this.

Once you have flashed back you can even use flashback database to "flash forward" and undo your flashback.