Re: Migrate 9i VLDB Cross Platform - Using Streams? Or ??

From: Oracle Dba Wannabe <oracledbawannabe_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 05:03:18 -0800 (PST)

golden gate is certainly on the cards - but as you said it comes with a cost. However it does provided an added benefit where it supports long's and certain other data types and objects which aren't supported in oracle 9i streams. What it comes down to though (and will eventually be tested) is whether either technology can help the target catch up with the source. Seeing as both will require time to instantiate the target database. That said the source only generates about 300k/s so hopefully it shouldnt be an issue. I was also curious whether anyone had any ideas on how best to instantiate the target database via export/import or perhaps an idea on how long it would take for the this process on a 4TB database.