Re: Find the latest SCN # in phisical standby

From: <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:13:43 +0200

You are interested into what?

v$standby_log should provide what is written into standby log

v$managed_standby provides how recovery progresses but only tells how many redo blocks it advanced.

v$datafile and v$datafile_header provide checkpoint scn.

What is missing here is managed recovery scn.

But who really cares because what is really important is a checkpoint scn.

             "Jiang, Lu"
             Sent by:                  "ORACLE-L" <>
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f                                          cc
                                       Find the latest SCN # in phisical
             2010.01.13 00:52          standby
             Please respond to

Hi all,

I have set up a real time apply physical standby and trying to find how Real Time it is. However it seems that it is hard to find the latest SCN# on physical standby database, v$database (current_scn) only gets updated to the last scn which has been archived. Here is what I got:

SQL> select recovery_mode from v$archive_dest_status where dest_id=2; RECOVERY_MODE

MANAGED REAL TIME APPLY SQL> select name, value, time_computed from v$dataguard_stats where name='apply lag';
NAME            VALUE                TIME_COMPUTED

--------------- -------------------- ------------------------------
apply lag +00 00:00:00 12-JAN-2010 15:26:02

Primary last change time:

SQL> select scn_to_timestamp(current_scn) from v$database; SCN_TO_TIMESTAMP(CURRENT_SCN)

12-JAN-10 PM Standby last change time: - not updated after last log archived

SQL> select current_scn from v$database; CURRENT_SCN

SQL> select scn_to_timestamp(579664324) from v$database; SCN_TO_TIMESTAMP(579664324)

11-JAN-10 PM SQL> select max(FIRST_CHANGE#),max(NEXT_CHANGE#) from v$archived_log; MAX(FIRST_CHANGE#) MAX(NEXT_CHANGE#)

         579266831 579664325

Could someone share some light on this?