Re: How to modify a metric collection interval in Grid Control?

From: Rich Jesse <>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:36:18 -0600 (CST)

Hey Chris,

> Is there a way to modify the collection interval for a metric in Grid
> Control?
> I have a Database Target and I goto "ALL METRICS". Under this menu I see
> "TABLESPACE ALLOCATION" that has both "Allocated Space" and "Used Space".
> The collection interval is set to "Every 7 Days". How can I modify this
> collection interval to be less than 7 days?

Actually, you'd be looking for the "Metric and Policy Settings" link to change that, but of course I don't see it there on

One workaround would be to create your own metric, but that seems a bit silly, plus you wouldn't have any of the history transferred to your new metric.

If you get an answer from Oracle, can you post it please?