RE: OEM

From: Schauss, Peter (IT Solutions) <"Schauss,>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:37:19 -0500

I have just started looking into this myself.

 Can I run 10.2.0.5.0 with an 11gR1 repository and monitor 11g databases with it?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ricardo Santos Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:44 AM To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: OEM

Hi,
the Release 5 of OEM Grid Control, as far as I know, is not a full release. First you must have instaled a 10.2.0.1.0 on Linux or a 10.2.0.2.0 on Windows and then upgrade it to 10.2.0.5.0. Chek the README file at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oem/htdocs/gridR5_10205_readme.html

Best Regards,
Ricardo Santos.

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com> wrote:

There should be services started?

For Linux, i start everything with $OMS_HOME/opmnctl startall. There's probably a service like that?

I only know Linux, not Windows, sorry.

HTH Lyall

  • Original Message ----- From: "Octavian Râşniţă" To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: OEM Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:57:58 +0300

        Hi,

        This is my first message to this list.

	I try to install Oracle Enterprise Manager and I've downloaded 2 zip
	archives with the necessary files for this:
	gc_10205_part1of2.zip
	and
	gc_10205_part2of2.zip

	After unarchiving these files I found an installer and I've installed
	something that created the directory OraHome_1 on the C: drive (under
	Windows XP) but I don't know how to start the application because no
	shortcut was placed on the Start menu and I couldn't find an executable that
	could start OEM.

	Do I need to install something else? or what can I do in order to be able to
	use OEM?

	Thank you very much.

	Octavian

An Excellent Credit Score is 750