Re: Coke switches to DB2!!

From: Bill Ferguson <>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:21:56 -0600

Does anybody on here work with both Oracle and DB2?

I was wondering, merely for my own information (thankfully nobody has ever suggested this), if what Tom Kyte wrote many years ago is still applicable today

Specifically where he says:
"What DB2 do you use on all platforms? Answer -- none, they have different DB2's for different
architectures. (that report often seems to confuse things in DB2/OS390 with DB2/UDB -- "features
they've had for years", that OS390 -- UDB, totally different code base, totally different

Has IBM improved this 'initial' flaw, or is this still an issue with DB2?