Re: What controls RMAN history size in controlfile?

From: Rich Jesse <>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:39:25 -0500 (CDT)

> Personally, I think that the terms 'reducing maintenance',
> 'solo dba' and 'grid control' are seriously at odds with
> each other. :)
> Jared Still

Agreed! But since the tool was already licensed (via Diag/Tuning packs), I thought I'd give it the ol' College try. I have pretty stable now that I'll be moving the backups out of it. Of course then it becomes just a non-critical monitoring tool which would not be missed should I end up under the proverbial bus.

And then there's the SQL Server plugin I'm writing (I have a basic working version), which I hope to get back to once I get backups settled down.

I'm a study in Contradiction apparently... :)