TSM TDPO Multiple Sessions

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:36:43 +0100

Hi,

We use RMAN to backup database to disk. And then use TSM TDP to backup RMAN backupsets from disk to TSM. Trouble is for each backup piece TDP is creating separate session to TSM.

Has anyone else encountered this issue. There is obviously some over head in creating and releasing session to TSM for backup each RMAN backupset. I raised this issue with our TSM administrator, who in turn raised it with IBM. But IBM has not provided any sensible explanation for this.

Regards,

Vishal Gupta